Double Dutch Treats

*I apologize for being MIA lately… I took last week off from crafting because this baby is taking her toll on mama and sitting at my desk has become tough on the pelvis! But I am still here!*

It's no secret that I love cupcakes. I love baking them, I love the smallness of them, I love eating them... I pretty much love everything about them.  Sometimes you just want something small to eat (or give!) and cupcakes are petite but perfect!

So when I got the oversized Maya Road bottle cap to play with I thought it looked like just the right size to become an individual cupcake stand. 

Cupcake-Set
The cupcake stand is simply a small candle stick glued to the large bottle cap.  I painted it with acrylic paint and tied a little twine bow.  I embellished the edge of the cap with some crochet trim and the adorable pennant stickers that coordinate with the Double Dutch collection from Lily Bee Design.

Cupcake-Set---Stand
Of course every cupcake stand needs a cupcake on it!  But cupcakes also need pretty packaging, don't you think?  I created this cupcake box with my Silhouette and tied it off with some May Arts ribbon.  The little flag is a cut wooden skewer I raided from the kitchen with another couple of stickers to create the flag.
Cupcake-Set---Box
Finally, the card completes this surprise presentation.  A little note of thanks or cheer can only add to the smiles that this cupcake set will bring.  I kept it small and simple. 

Cupcake-Set---Card

4 comments:

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Really cute!
Beverly

Migdalia said...

Beautiful Presentation!

LyndaKay said...

Adorable. Take it easy, kiddo.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Wow, this is soooo adorable and gorgeous!