Deck the Halls: Mini Banner with Twine Pom Poms

Wow, I can’t believe it has been an entire week since I have updated here!  Unfortunately the entire house has come in contact with The Plague and we’ve been feeling mighty awful.  I still managed to put together a little something for this week’s Deck the Halls feature:

DSC_1321

DSC_1322

The burlap triangles are by Canvas Corp and the loopy brads are so ancient I have no clue who made them.

DSC_1312

Cut four 1”-1.5” circles from cardstock and edge them in white pen:

DSC_1314

Cut four more circles from white cardstock.  Add a ruffled edge with ribbon, paper, or (my choice) printed tape:

DSC_1316

Cut four 1.5” x 4” strips from patterned paper, notch the edges, and outline in white pen:

DSC_1319

My favorite part of this banner are the stinkin’ adorable twine pom poms! Begin by wrapping twine around a fork.  I used twine from The Twinery and had to wrap it about 35 times.  My Mind’s Eye also makes some thicker, softer twine that works beautifully for these. 

DSC_1305

Cut a smaller piece of twine and thread it between the center tines to tie it off:

DSC_1306

Remove the bundle from the fork and pull as tight as you can, tying it off in a square knot.  Cut the loops:

DSC_1309

Fluff the ends of the twine to fray them and round it out as much as possible.  Trim all the strands until you get it as pom pom like as you can:

DSC_1311

Then layer each element one on top of the other, string the pennants with more twine and VOILA!  I hung mine amidst our lit fireplace bough but it would also be super cute right smack on the tree. 

DSC_1327

See you next week when I figure out what to do about Decking the Halls AFTER Christmas… DOH!

4 comments:

Bibi Barberi said...

Love this! And your instructions are so easy to follow and clear. TFS.

Chrissy said...

So stinkin' adorable! I love that burlap banner! And dare I say it? ::gulp:: POM POMS.....that I LIKE (giggle and a wink)! So adorable!!

LyndaKay said...

Feel better!! Love the instructions, especially the pom poms. Merriest of Christmases to you!!

saby said...

Jolie bannière !!